Unique Market Position
The Celsus Companion One is the world’s first high-performance DAC that supports both USB cable and wireless connections to Windows, Mac, Android (*OTG) and iOS devices. Another world’s first is the Companion One’s ability to decode and stream 24bit/192kHz music files. Thus the user enjoys the highest quality desktop USB audio playback available and, with the push of a button, streams music from connected devices with better than CD-level resolution.
Low Distortion and Jitter
With asynchronous USB audio clocking via two internal high-accuracy low-jitter clocks for 44.1kHz (88.2/176.4/352.8) and 48kHz (96/192/384) sampling, the Celsus Companion One optimizes USB digital data transmission for ultra-low-jitter performance with better than 115dB signal-noise ratio.
Powerful Headphone Amp
The Companion employs an OPA1612 for I/V conversion and an AD8397 for voltage gain and current buffering sufficient for driving the marketplace's most problematical headphones.
Build and Sound Quality
The Celsus Companion One’s curved frame, machined from a single block of aluminum, is a pleasure to hold. With its top and bottom gorilla-glass covers, the Companion One’s build quality surpasses that of any portable DAC on the market today. The unit’s signal path and headphone amplifier circuit have been painstakingly optimized for maximal headphone performance. Discerning audiophiles are bound to appreciate the Companion One’s dynamic and richly detailed music presentation.
- Supports PCM and DSD audio formats
- PCM audio: 16/24/32-bit audio data, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192/352.8/384 kHz native sample rate.
- DSD audio: DSD64 and DSD128 native decode.
- Asynchronous USB audio clocking with two internal low-jitter clocks separately for 44.1kHz (88.2/176.4/352.8) and 48kHz (96/192/384) sampling.
- Switches between USB High Speed (480Mbps) and Full Speed (12Mbps)
- Extremely low latency
- Supports ASIO
- Supports Windows, Mac, Android (*OTG) and iOS devices
- * Most Android 4.x devices do not directly support USB Audio. Users have to use "USB Audio Player PRO" app on Google Play store to play hi-res music through USB OTG output. USB Audio is supported on Android 5.0 and later version.
- Supports PCM format: 16/24-bit, 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192KHz
- Supports uPNP network media streaming and Airplay
- * We recommend BubbleUpnP UpnP DLNA Player for Android devices.
- Digital: Toslink S/PDIF
- Analog: 3.5mm
- Volume Control: 100 steps
- Gain Control: 2 levels, for earphone impedance of 16 to 300 Ohm
- Genuine leather carrying case
- Micro USB to Apple Lightning cable
- Micro USB to Apple 30-pin cable
- Micro USB to PC USB cable
- Micro USB to Android OTG USB cable
- Protective film cover and microfiber cloth
- THD+N:0.001%at 0dB, 10 kOhm load
- Frequency Response:20Hz – 22kHz (+0, - 0.5dB)
- Output voltage (0dB):High Gain 3Vrms; Low Gain 1.5Vrms
- S/N ratio:> 115dB (at 2Vrms)
- Crosstalk:< -110dB
- Dynamic range:> 115dB
- Output power:160mW @ 32 Ohm, 28mW @ 300 Ohm